Thursday, December 3, 2009

Packing...and thinking...and packing....and thinking



So, believe it or not, we are all packed except for our bedroom and our kitchen. I can't believe how the time flies. Once we are done packing for good, I will welcome the break to wait for the movers to arrive before we unpack.

I keep thinking about what it will be like to not be in CO anymore and I don't know what to think sometimes. Pretty sure it is going to hit me when we are driving away in our Camry on the 19th, and then again even harder when we are in Flroida for a few days and I realize how far away I am from so much that I know and love. Meanwhile, right now, most of me is thinking about how exicted I am for this new chapter of our lives the Lord has opened up for us. I know he will be with us the whole drive out, preparing our hearts for the adventures ahead. The thing I will miss the most is my family being 2 hours away, even if I don't know see them, just knowing they are close. Things have been hard for the past two months as my mom is realizing that I really am leaving...and what that means. I am the first one (of me and my sis) to move far away, and it's hard for many reasons. Second to my family....I will miss the mountains and the first snow (ONLY the first one though:)). I am most excited to start a family with my hubby in a place we both LOVE. Oh, and to have the beach so close....for me, the beach/ocean is such an incredible way for me to worship...some of you know what I mean. That, and it is so warm and lovely there. Too HOT for three months, but the other nine, LOVELY. I will miss my sister...I will miss seeing and hugging my sweet nephew and watching him grow from 2 hours away. In the midst of all of this thinking, I am packing, finishing up work, and doing a lot of praying for pieces of calm here and there and guidance as we rocket into all of this change. I think we're going to have some fun...

4 comments:

  1. Sydney and Josh,
    We love you and are so excited to see God work in your lives in your new home. We are so sad to see you moving away, but know that you will be back visiting (and we hope that is often). Now we have a place to vacation during these freezing winter months. I love you girl and am praying for you.
    -Jess and Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm here, i'm reading - but mostly praying for good route & good weather for you 2 in 2 weeks... LYI - mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Syd and Josh! I am so excited for your move and this new adventure and chapter in your life. I know how bitter sweet it is to move away from home. Stay safe and have so much fun! I am so glad you started a blog. Stay in touch! We will be praying for your safty and smooth transition

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will miss you so much, and wish you were moving to CR rather than FL, but since you're not, we will just have to create a beautiful guest room for you to occupy when you come home! We love you guys and are excited for you, but a little sad too.

    ReplyDelete