Sunday, April 11, 2010

Florida









Lately, due to the fact that I am not working, I have had time to get to know this area we've moved to. Thought I'd share everything I love about FL thus far and everything I miss about CO.

Melbourne, Florida (loving)...

1. a 'freeze' is a smudge of frost on the car window I can wipe off with a rag (or my hand!)

2. the ocean is always there to cool you off, or the pool in the case of this house

3. there's something amazing about sitting on the beach and watching the waves....praying there is my new favorite thing.

4. I can wear sandals and paint my toenails cutesty nearly all year

5. there are palm trees and hibiscus flowers..oranges, mangos, and other wonderful fruits.

6. key lime pie, that's all I have to say

7. my hair and skin love it here

8. most of my PJs are shorts and t-shirts

9. my husband is really happy, and I am enjoying getting to know his family more

10. the days seem longer somehow

11. I can get a suntan...sunscreen smells good and I love the feeling of being 'sunkissed'
12. Our new church is wonderful

Colorado (missing)....

1. My family being close, their hugs and faces

2. My lifetime friends

3. the mountains and the snow (not the cold, just the peaceful romantic atmosphere of it)

4. the dog park in Fort Collins

5. everyone at Colorado State ACC

6. hiking and snowshoeing

7. pine trees...smell and sight. weird, but true.

8. my cat, Twinkie

9. less bugs!

10. the smell before it snows

11. Our little apartment, first home
P.S.-The two dogs at the top are the breeds Josh and I love and would like to own someday. Vote and tell we which one you'd like us to get first. Beagle is on the left, bottom and Boston Terrier is on the right, top. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment