Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy

I got a new job! I started this Tuesday and I work three days a week from 7:30a-5:30p. It is just a 20 min. drive. I am a veterinary technician in training right now. It is a general practice, meaning they practice most if not all aspect of veterinary medicine. Before moving to FL I worked at a specialty practice that was just centered on Oncology. Now I am in a place where they do internal medicine, surgery, general wellness care (ex.vaccines), in house lab work, ear care, skin care, nutrition, and on it goes. I am definately still getting comfortable and the staff is very patient and understanding with the learning curve for a new employee. Still feeling out and praying if it is a perfect fit for me. It is an all female staff. The three veterinarians seem very nice and from what I have seen they treat their help (technicians) very well. So, pray for me please. As I am praying I ask for the Holy Spirit's discernment as I go into my second week at my new job this coming Tuesday. I know that the Lord will make it quite clear to me if this is where I am meant to be. I haven't had a job as a technician in a general practice since I graduated. When I worked in general practice while going to school I was a veterinary assistant, which is more of a technician's assistant than anything else. So it's a new experience for me and it's intimidating. I have people here and back in CO cheering me on a praying for me, and that is one of the many ways I know that HE has me in the palm of HIS hand.

At the house here in Melbourne Josh and I are blessed every day to be able to get to know Laura, Mike, Jon, and Steve. Also, we can enjoy our little haven in our room, we have our computer, our TV, and all of our books in here. We've had several date nights picking up food and bringing it home to spend the evening here together. This new chapter for us and this big move was bound to be scary. But it is a wonderful feeling to have a family-in-law that is so easy to be around. I'd say that's kinda rare!! Josh and I have had some talks about what this season of our marriage is meant for. We both think a part of is is gently preparing us to be parents... sharing our time with more than just each other on a much more frequent basis than we have for the first three years of our marriage. Kinda neat! I also miss my family and friends in CO...and where are the mountains?! Woah, it is so weird to not look west and see them. I catch myself trying to do that sometimes when I am driving somewhere new here. The ocean at the East is slowly becoming my new marker.




Our room





View out our widow

No comments:

Post a Comment